So last week was Thanksgiving.And I decided to make a gluten-free and dairy free Oreo"dirt"pie for my niece and myself to enjoy (we're the ones with allergies).What I didn't realize was that there was going to be an original Oreo"dirt"pie there as well.All of a sudden I felt pressure,and maybe a little competition (hehe).Would my allergy friendly Oreo Pie taste just as delicious as the good old fashion original??
更新–>链接到新素食主义者version of this no bake Oreo dirt pie.
Well,as I was making the my Oreo pie,I started to realize that I was trying force my wee little pie to look like the original.Or maybe even better.I mean,it is Oreo pie,how can you really go wrong??
Then it dawned on me.I don't need to make this pie look like the original,it's gonna be FABULOUS as it is.Sure it may look a little different,but it still looks delicious.Sure it may have a different consistency,but I kind of like it that way.Sure it may taste a little different than the original,but my goodness is it TASTY and worth spoonful.
Funny thing is,life is kind of life MY Oreo pie. Our life plan doesn't unfold like we originally thought,but in the long run it actually turns out better,and better for us.
I know I know,life isn't like Oreo pie it's,it's suppose to be like A box of chocolates.Well I don't really like chocolates,so I'm going with this.
Food for thought on a Wednesday.Try not to overthink it.Now,how about Ifeedshare with you this recipe and call it a day?Yup!!
Oh,and although this recipe is allergy friendly,it's still dessert… not healthy,but it's sooo worth it!!Print
gluten free dairy free oreo pie
- 8 ounces package Gluten free and dairy free Oreo cookies (I Used Midels Brand)
- 2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pie filling/pudding mix (I used a nartural organic brand)
- 1 (4 ounce) container Vegan cream cheese (I used Daiya since it's soy free too)
- 3 tbsp vegan butter (soy free or coconut butter)
- 1 tbsp.egg white replacement or egg white powder if you can have eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp butter extract (optional)
- Non dairy milk of Choice (see notes)
- Crush Oreo cookies in a blender or food processor.Put half of the crushed cookies on the bottom of casserole dish.Set aside.Then prep your pudding mix using the milk recommended.
- Beat together and add your egg white replacer,mix again and then let it set in fridge until set.
- In a separate bowl,cream together the cream cheese,butter and powdered sugar until smooth.在冰布丁中轻轻折叠，加入提取物。Beat or mix well again.If you want it fluffier,feel free to add in a vegan whip cream.I opted not too for more of a pudding texture.
- Next spread the batter over the Oreos and top with the remaining crushed Oreos.
- Chill in fridge for 4-6 hrs or keep in freezer if you want more an ice cream like cake.
If using almond milk,be sure to use a milk that has a stabilizer (like guar gum) so the pudding will hold.
Happy Wednesday!Who's ready for a slice of life… I mean pie??
Slow down Challenge and Daily Encouragement –>read